So, I do wish I still had this piece- I loved it. However, when selling the house the buyer was asking for closing cost and when we said no... they said if we left the hutch that they would pay closing costs! So- guess what I just saved $2,000-$3,000 with that hutch! So I cut ties quickly! ;)
So, there was no room for it in house #3 anyway so.. fast forward to house #4 and there it was the PERFECT space for my old hutch :(
Time to refinish again!!
So- the only challenge I find when looking for a hutch to refinish is finding one that has modern lines and will translate well into the "pottery barn" look. A lot of the older ones are frilly or have flowers etched in the glass... not my thing!
So, after some searching (not much let's be honest- I'm impatient and when I want it I want it!) But just night or so on Craigslist and I snagged this one for just $140!
Ok- do you see the vision?? ;) There is no frilly glass or petal like trim to worry about. Some paint and hardware and DONE!
| First set up- its changed many times since. I moved the plates to the wall for example. :) |
| Slowly added more to the wall- ignore the random office chair and clorox wipes :) |
Everyone who comes over loves this piece and I do too. The bonus to pieces like this are that they are not only decor & a space filler but STORAGE!
As usual, I did not sand at all. I wiped this piece down and painted with a flat Rustoleum paint. It did take about 3 coats. Then I added the brushed nickel hardware.
PROJECT IN SHORT:
- Hutch/Buffett: Craigslist $140
- Paint $11
-Hardware $20ish
Total cost= $171
Pottery Barn one that is similar: $2,500 THAT'S A DEAL!



No comments:
Post a Comment