Friday, January 31, 2014

Tu-Tu Table & the Princess's Room


Oh, my princess. The photo leaves nothing to the imagination about her sassy-ness. She is a force to be reckoned with.  Stella had lived in three houses by the age of 3. In the first house, she simply took over the neutral colored (green and polka dot nursery) that her brother had only been in for 13 months, and then in the second house I knew we may not stay long so her walls stayed tan and with some girly things here and there. So, when we landed in what will hopefully be our forever (Ok, at least for a long while) home. I wanted to give her something a little special. 





(Photography by Kelly Beach Photography- SHE IS AMAZING!!)


The entire room was centered around this little beauty - that happened to be in the dining room when we purchased the house. SCORE. I knew the moment I saw it, that it would be going in Princess's room

Then came time for something else a little frilly. This was my inspiration:
And this is how it turned out!

My mom had a little drum table that actually used to be my Granny's which makes it even more special for my little lady. And my SEW- wonderful Aunt took this pink tulle and threaded a ribbon through the top to gather it around the table. Now, I was hoping that that was all it would take,  but eventually a staple gun came into play- that's all I am saying. ;) She better like it! 
Annnyway... with a few more frilly things, I love the way her room came together!
The dots on the wall are cork trivets that I bought super cheap online and painted. They have actually been painted twice now. Originally they were in the nursery for both babies. :) See them here in blue. 
They are super light weight and can hang easily PLUS they can be used as cork boards too!
I added a few tissue paper puffs and ta-da! I have a happy little princess. 



Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment