Monday, December 10, 2012

A Cozy "Come on In"


One room that was important to me to update ASAP was our Front Room (Living Room, Sitting Room... whatever you may say it to be) We now call it the "Green Room" :) Whatever you call it it was the first space guests see when they enter our house.
I had tried to hang pictures and add curtains for color, but it just DID NOT feel cozy. I know a rug would bring warmth, but my hubby loves the floors and begged me not to cover them. Plus, we love to sit in this space on Sunday mornings while the kiddos race cars across the floor. (Team Torzewski time)
Adding color helped me to feel more at home and in my opinion added a LOT of warmth to the room. Here are some panoramic views... Don't mind the hubby eye candy! ;)


This is just after I painted, so there are many more fun projects to come before this room is complete. However, just the color did wonders for me loving the space. It also inspired me to extend some coziness into the foyer, which was completely PLAIN- except the lovely lighting fixture -ack! This will change soon enough- promise!
So, as far as the tree goes I was inspired by a branch with some hooks on Pinterest...

I sell Vinyl just like this, but when I had left over chocolate paint from another project (Firing Up the Fireplace- coming soon) I just decided to go for it and paint this tree free handed.

After stepping back, I felt like it needed more branches...

Finally finished...

Here is how it looks from the "Green Room"... I love the contrast. (again- don't mind the lamp with no lamp shade... yet another fun project to come!) But we aren't done yet!

I found some really cool rod iron hooks from Anthropologie, just $8 a piece. I couldn't resist! So I added them throughout the tree and finally did you some of my Uppercase Living Vinyl to personalize it a bit....

 Project complete ... Quicked and Cozy!! Hope you like it. :)

Would you hang you coat please?? 

Be back later this week with a couple more fun projects from the "Green Room"


No comments:

Post a Comment