Friday, December 14, 2012

Pondering Paper...

Today I am pondering paper. To go or not to go back to a paper planner for 2013?? BLASPHEMY!!.. I know, right? I mean I of all people will tell you how I CANNOT live without my iphone and the beauty of  amazing apps!! SIDE NOTE: One that you need this time of year is Better Christmas List.  Keeps me on track with WHAT, HOW MUCH and WHERE this time of year. :) And I have been using a blackberry or iphone for my calendar since 2005!! But between changing jobs and changing devices... I have missed some appts., duplicated items and basically just gotten fed up with my digital calendars. Seems I am not the only one....The Washington Post featured this article in December of last year...

Gadgets got your schedule scattered? Maybe it’s time to go back to paper.


Sometimes my heart just longs for this...

Ah yes, the old school planner. Nothing like the day you get your new planner and new pack of markers. HEAVEN!

So... just to explain what has brought on this agony- and what has pushed me over the edge is this...
My work computer is ALWAYS a virtual desktop. The home base is somewhere in IN or OH and all I know is that I cannot sync any other calendars with my desktop Outlook. Now, I can hear you techies already... "but it all integrates fine on your iphone!" Ah- so true. But...
1. It is not convenient to look at my phone when setting up a work meeting that may or may not overlap with something personal.
2. There is no way to "blow up" the screen on my iphone to see a lovely months view with all of my calendars in one place. I NEED this.
3. Finally, I think it will just help me to feel grounded.

I will keep you posted on how this goes and if it lasts!

***As I was writing this I heard the news about the school shooting in Connecticut. Just sicking and scary- how do parents ever send their kids to school. Scares me to death and the fact that my husband is an administrator in a high school where I know everyday he would risk his life to save a child... ugh. Why does it have to be this way??

Blessings to all of you.
Julie

UPDATE 12/17/2012....
Thanks to my sister I found this website and I may or may not have just SQUEALED with excitement. :) I am getting this planer and doing it up AHS style! WHOOP WHOOP... I'll update again when it's here!! And here is someone who make me feel like I am not alone! http://www.erincondren.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=1156&products_id=3499

UPDATE 1/14/2013...
It's here, I've used it.. and here's the scoop...PLEASING PLANNER.



No comments:

Post a Comment